Pages

Hurray... I Can Beat the White Rust Disease on My Mustard Greens


For six years, I have been planting mustard greens. Recently, I encountered an issue that I felt I couldn't overcome: there were white spots on the underside of my mustard greens leaves. After browsing on Google, I found out that it was white rust, a fungus that can survive for long periods of time in dry conditions and can spread through the wind. I felt hopeless because there were no complete explanations about how to cure this disease. The clues were rotating the crops, planting only disease-free seeds, applying the right fungicide, removing diseased/infected leaves, and watering through the underside of the leaves.

Meanwhile, I had to save my crops at that moment. I kept trying to spray it with fungicide and pesticide and watering as suggested, but to no avail. In the middle of my hopelessness, my son suggested using vinegar mixed with liquid soap, and I added a little salt. With new hope, I asked my son to make the highest concentration of this mixture, and I smeared it on each infected leaf with a paintbrush instead of spraying it. I also experimented with using the highest-concentration pesticide.

Five days after applying our mixture, the white spots on the underside of the leaves changed to powder and fell off. The next day, I watered the plants as suggested, and the white rust was completely removed and disappeared. My experiment using the highest-concentration pesticide also succeeded.






I was able to save my crops perfectly, and I hope this is the last of the various issues I've had with my mustard greens.

I'm eager to share the success of my experiment with you. So if you're facing the same problem as me, follow my lead. You'll see that my method works.

Use a high concentration formula or the highest concentration pesticide, but don't spray it. Instead, use a paintbrush to apply it only to the infected or diseased leaves.

Here's the formula I used:
  • 250 ml Water
  • 1 teaspoon Vinegar
  • 1/2 teaspoon Liquid Soap
  • Two pinches of Salt

Good luck,
Santosa Laksana

No comments:

Post a Comment