Pages

Reading Books is the Worst Thing...!

No...! The answer is no...! Reading is the best thing you must do...! It has saved my life. When I faced a problematic position twenty years after 1997, I turned to books for guidance. They always helped me find the right path, and often confirmed that I had already taken the right steps.
I started with the sterling or dyed-in-the-wool books, including those written by best-selling authors. They contain the most honest words that can open your heart and mind.

At a difficult time when I had lost mutual trust with others, my work was suffering, and my marriage had ended in divorce, I found solace in reading. I had to work hard to provide for my child, and I was under immense pressure to make the right decisions.

I stumbled upon a monastery that had a library, where I could borrow books for free. I started with the Dhammapada and Jataka books, which taught me how to cultivate patience. From there, I read every book I could find on psychology and motivation to help me understand myself and others.

Today, I continue to read ebooks to gain knowledge and improve my life. I can speak and write in English, and I have a hope of freeing myself from isolation. Reading is the best thing you can do for yourself. It can open doors and help you see the world in a different light.


Sincerely,
Santosa Laksana

No comments:

Post a Comment