Pages

Finding Peace and Happiness in the Garden

 


In the morning, I waited for work in the garden, sitting at the doorway of my guest house that lacked a door. Facing east, I watched the sunrise through a wide window that was also doorless. Two gigantic pine trees stood before me, with weasels running up their trunks, chasing each other. The cool air wrapped around me, bringing me a sense of peace and happiness.

My vegetables grow healthy, without diseases or pests. I could already picture the future harvest. In the past, sadness and disappointment had been my companions, but today they had vanished, replaced by self-esteem and pride. Gratefulness filled me, and I felt optimistic about the future.

As I sat there, I contemplated the growth of happiness and peacefulness within myself. No matter what happened, no matter the cheap price of my yields, I would keep planting and cultivating my happiness. Despite the dislike and the obstacles of others, I would move forward.

When my son called me to work, I rose and replied, "Yes, I'm excited, let's go."


Best of luck to you!
Santosa Laksana


No comments:

Post a Comment